Mounts Bay Sailing Club has transformed itself to specialise in the development of young sailors, our approach is proven, our focus on skiff sailing development which is unique, our aim to set a bench mark for sailing excellence that others will follow. Whether your child’s aspirations are for club or Olympic sailing, we have the people and experience to satisfy those needs:
- State-of-the-Art sailing program from novice and elite sailing
- Coaches with Olympic, World or national medal experience and coaching accreditation
- 5 stage curriculum and active learning on the water
- Technique and accuracy are a focus from the first stage of development, less intervention
- Progress at own pace, motivated not pushed sailors thrive on learning and being challenged
- Many will follow the club pathway, some will pursue an Olympic dream
- Large club house facilities and a wide beach frontage on the Swan River
- Camaraderie and long term friendships form, club facilities and social functions to enjoy
- Low cost Membership fee structure
Sailing compliments school education, but in more of a practical way. We want your child to experience the complexities of controlling a craft in a dynamic environment, subject to rules and respect. We also want the relationship with MBSC to be a long an rewarding one for the whole family where children and adults can grow together.
Try for a week or two to see if sailing is suitable using club boats and equipment, there is no commitment. Meet our amazing coaches and enjoy the facilities. We know if you will be impressed.
Limited placements, your child can try out 8.30 for 9am any Sunday, our host will greet you and show you around.